3M is a diversified technology company serving customers and communities with innovative products and services. Each of our six businesses has earned leading global market positions.
For more than 100 years, people around the world have looked to 3M for products and ideas that solve problems and make their lives easier and better. 3M is a diversified technology company with a worldwide presence in the following markets: consumer and office; display and graphics; electro and communications; health care; industrial; safety, security and protection services; and transportation. With more than 55,000 products, 42 core technologies and leadership in major markets served worldwide, 3M continues to develop ingenious solutions to meet your varying needs.
3M at a Glance
- Worldwide sales: $22.923 billion
- International (non-US) sales: $14.070 billion (61 per cent of company's total)
- Operations in more than 60 countries - 29 international companies with manufacturing operations, 35 with laboratories
- 3M products sold in nearly 200 countries
- More than 75,333 employees
- 3M employs mostly local nationals. Fewer than 300 3M employees worldwide not living in their home countries
- Plant locations: 132 worldwide
- Sales office locations: 189 worldwide
3M in Malaysia
- Established in 1967
- Head office in Tropicana, Petaling Jaya
- Customer Innovation Centre in Bukit Jelutong
- Manufacturing in Senawang, Negri Sembilan
- 300+ employees
Established in June 1967 as Minnesota (3M) Sdn. Bhd., the company housed its 9 employees and all its inventories in a 1,500sq.ft.room.
In order to accommodate its expanding operations, the company relocated to bigger premises with proper warehousing facilities in Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, in just over 3 months after its establishment. By 1971, extensive renovations were carried out to accommodate rapid growth and the subsequent increase in employees.
In 1972, the company's name was changed to 3M Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. to reflect its international image. In the same year, 3M Malaysia was awarded three 3M International recognition for achieving outstanding performance.
Despite rising levels of competition over the years, the company has continued to undergo rapid expansion. 3M Malaysia' expeditious growth is undoubtedly attributable to it commitment in satisfying its customers' need through a wide range of innovative and quality products. 3M's product diversity and technological expertise have helped it gain a reputation as a total solutions provider.
3M Malaysia's superior understanding of its market environment has enabled it to deliver unparalleled quality, value and service. This understanding is the foundation that allows 3M Malaysia to maintain high customer loyalty and sustain its outstanding record of achievements.